POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC wips, opinions wanted : Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted
From: Smws
Date: 21 Jan 2006 16:55:00
Message: <web.43d2ad6b1ad32b73641d079c0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> Here's 2 work-in-progress images for the "fire & ice" IRTC topic, I don't
> think I'll have time to finish both, so I want an honest opinion on which is
> better.

Well, I was going to say "volcano" because it looks more dramatic and
well-composed right off the bat, but then I looked at the comet picture up
close and boy- you really *have* that icy chunk texture! So I guess I would
still say volcano- although I think the underwater vent might be hard to do
without confusion- but it would really be cool to have those icerocks in
there somehow. (Maybe a comet hitting a volcano from high orbit? That's
like some terrible sci-fi schlock :))

Anyway, good luck whichever one you choose. I'm sure you're superbrain will
create a fine (if evil) image.

-Stefan